This is Cortney, one of the new additions to the team! I’m so excited to be given the opportunity to work with Marisa and learn anything and everything that has to do with wedding planning. To kick off my time with MNE, here’s a little bit about myself for you guys to get to know me better…
- Favorite Wedding Blog: Style Me Pretty! I love the “Planning & Advice” section because it has information on anything you need to know about your wedding. I also love the Vault that has an endless number of pictures from real weddings to use for your own wedding inspiration.
- Describe the Perfect Wedding Cake Flavor Combo: Vanilla cake with strawberry flavored icing or vice versa. I think the strawberry adds a hint of flavor that makes a simple vanilla cake just perfect!
- Favorite Styling Genre for Event Design: Not to be cliché, but I would have to say that a Romantic style wedding is my favorite. I love the color combinations of white, pastels, and greenery. These colors can make the wedding look aesthetically B-E-A-Utiful!
- Event Planning Super Hero Skill: Being at the right place at the right time. I know how to scope out the scene and recognize exactly where I am needed.
- Veil, Flower or Headpiece?: All of them! I think the perfect headpiece would be a beautiful flower crown with a veil trailing behind. Why shouldn’t the bride look like a queen on her big day?
- Favorite Wedding Tradition: The couple’s first dance. I think the song is a good indicator of the couple’s connection with one another. It makes it all the more special when they are able to make that connection in front of all the people they love.
- The moment in every wedding that never fails to bring you to tears: When the couple is announcing their vows and the groom is trying not to cry. It’s the most heartwarming thing to see a couple cry of joy for being able to spend the rest of their lives with their partner.
That’s just some information about me. I’ll be around for the next few months; so if you see me around, don’t hesitate to say hi!